LIS Conference/Training/Travel Procedure -- Approvals and Reimbursements
- Discuss your conference/training plans with your work group leader/supervisor.
- Complete this form go/lis?confapp. (This will generate an email to your supervisor.)
- For some conferences (e.g., Educause, NERCOMP, Sungard), LIS Administrative Office (Doreen) can help with processing registration fees in advance.
- During travel, save receipts and record your mileage.
- After travel, submit receipts with a travel expense voucher within 30 days to the LIS Administrative Office (Doreen).
- The current year travel voucher can be found on the middfiles here https://middfiles/orgs/LIS/LIS%20forms/
Tips for Successful Reimbursement
The following tips apply to ALL types of reimbursements (travel, professional development, cellphone, supplies, etc.):
- Attach original receipts (email & web receipts are OK; a photocopy of cash register receipts is NOT ok).
- Double check your math. Make sure the receipts add up to the line total.
- Include YOUR NAME and COLLEGE ID# ( believe it or not, this is the most omitted piece of information!).
- Completed forms should be reviewed by your supervisor, then sent to Carol for payment.
- Submit reimbursements in a timely manner – all reimbursements should be submitted within 30 days of expense, 60 days max (except in June when the time window is shorter due to the end of the fiscal year).
- Have questions on what type of expense is allowed? See http://www.middlebury.edu/about/handbook/misc/travel .
- Travel to Bread Loaf campus in VT: Enter 26 miles in the reimbursement form.