Configure the Mac Leopard VPN Client
This articles describes how to configure the Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) VPN Client
- Click on the apple logo in the top left corner of the screen and click "System Preferences". The "System Preferences" window appears.
- In the System Preferences window click on "Network".
- Click on the "+" icon (lower left corner). A dialog box will appear.
- Next to "Interface" select "VPN".
- Next to "VPN Type" select "PPTP".
- Next to service name type in "MiddVPN".
- Click "Create". The VPN settings window will appear.
- Leave "Configuration" as it is. ("Default")
- Next to "Server Address" type in 188.8.131.52
- Next to "Account Name" type in your username in this format: MIDD\jsmith
- Place a checkmark next to "Show VPN status".
- Click the "Apply" button in the lower right corner.
- To connect, click the "Connect" button in the middle of the screen.
- In the future, to use VPN, you can click on the VPN icon on the menu bar (top of the screen, to the left of the system time, looks like a black rectangle with bars).