Converting RealPlayer files to mp3
This document provides general guidelines for converting a RealPlayer audio file (RealMedia rm format) to MP3.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later
- Free RealPlayer software v16.0 (later versions do not have the converter) - download link below
- Enough space for the files to be converted (approximately twice the original file size)
- Download the old version of RealPlayer (16.0): http://www.real.com/app-directory
- When you start the installation of the old RealPlayer, please uncheck the box where it asks to install the toolbar – you really don't need that.
- After it's installed, you will find the converter utility under the Windows Start button > All Programs > RealNetworks.
- In the RealPlayer converter window click the Add button, select the files you'd like to convert, click Open.
- Under Convert To select MP3 Audio only.
- Under Save to select a location where the converted files will be placed.
- Click Start.
After the conversion process is over a message will appear notifying you they files are ready. Click OK to dismiss this message and test the MP3 files to ensure the conversion was successful.