Create a New Profile in Outlook
Creating a new Outlook profile can resolve odd issues with Outlook. In addition, creating a new profile allows you to troubleshoot an issue without losing / deleting your previous Outlook configuration.
To create a new Outlook profile:
- Close Outlook (File => Exit)
- Click on the Start menu and click Control Panel -> Mail
- Click Show Profiles and click Add
- The Create New Profile window will appear. Type in a name for your new profile (any name will do) and click OK.
- A window titled Add New E-Mail Account will appear. Click Next and Finish to complete the account setup (this configures your email settings in the new profile).
- Back in the Mail window, click Always use this profile and select your new profile from the list.
- Click OK and Open Outlook (it may take some time for the new profile to retrieve your email).