Create a new profile
Here is how to create a new profile in Microsoft Outlook. If you are creating a new profile in response to the move to the cloud, do not delete your old one, in order to save all of your old settings, emails, and information.
Outlook 2010/2016: Windows
- From the Start Menu, select the Control Panel.
- In the upper right hand corner, use the "Search Control Panel" function to search "Mail"
- From the results, select "Mail (32 Bit)" or "Mail (64 Bit)" depending on your computer. This will pull up this window:
- Select "Show Profiles".
- Now, on the new window, select "Add..." and enter the name you wish to be associated with the account.
- Windows will automatically take your credentials from your login to set you up with your new email profile. If you are setting this up on a personal device, refer to the Email configuration page for more information.
Outlook 2011: Mac
Microsoft refers to "profiles" as "identities" for Outlook for Mac users. They have thorough documentation on how to update your "identity" here.