Creating a new Wiki page (revised)
(Draft version: 08/09/11)
First: Log in (upper right corner)
Method #1:Use the URL
- You can use the wiki's URL for creating a new page. The URL to an article of the wiki is usually something like this:
- If you replace ARTICLE with the name of the page you wish to create, you will be taken to a blank page which indicates that no article of that name exists yet.
- Clicking the "Edit" page tab at the top of the page will take you to the edit page for that article, where you can create the new page by typing your text, and clicking submit.
Method #2: Create from an established wiki page
- Navigate to the page where you want your new wiki page linked
- Type in a unique title for your page
- Click the link globe in the menu
- Paste in the unique title
- In the next screen (Search results), you will see ‘No page title matches.’ (unless by chance there already is a page with this title). Click the red link ‘create this page.’