Creating a new Wiki page (revised)
(Draft version: 01/05/12)
You can create a new wiki page using two methods.
First: Log in with your Middlebury username/password (upper right corner of LIS wiki)
Method #1:Use the URL
- You can use the LIS wiki's base URL for creating a new page. The URL to an article of the LIS wiki is usually something like this:
- Type this same url into your browser's URL search box, but replace Help:Contents with the name of the page you wish to create (for example, /how_to_create_a_wiki')
- You will be taken to a screen that says something like: "There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, search the related logs, or edit this page."
- Click the "Edit this page" link, which will take you to the wiki editor for that article (image below). Type your text & eddit using the toolbar icons/buttons. Click SAVE PAGE (at bottom). Your wiki page is now published and viewable by the public.
Method #2: Create from an established wiki page
- Navigate to the page where you want your new wiki page linked
- On that page, type in a unique title for your page where you want it to appear (for example, in a bullete
- Click the link globe in the menu
- Type or copy/paste in this unique title into the Link box
- In the next screen (Search results), you will see ‘No page title matches.’ Click the link ‘create this page.’
- You will see the same Wiki edit box as in Method #1
- Type your text and click SUBMIT. Your wiki page is now published and viewable by the public.