Davis Family Library SMART Classroom Guide
In this room you can project from a laptop, watch a DVD, VHS, and Laser Disc and project documents from a document camera.
This room has 3 screens that can be projected on. One in the center (Video Screening) and two side by side (Classroom presentation). If you only want to project from one souce such as a showing a DVD you would want to use the Video Screening mode, this has a larger center screen. If you are doing a presentation and would like to project from a laptop and show a clip from a VHS at the same time then you would want to use Classroom Presentatioon mode.
You can control the lighting, there are 4 different settins that will improve the projected image if the lights are turned down, volume, screens, and shades.
Projecting from a Laptop
- Press the Laptop icon at the top of the touchpanel screen
- Connect the VGA cable to you computer
- Power on your computer. You should have projection, if you do not go to go/troubleshoot for troubleshooting tips on computer projection.
- IF YOU HAVE A MAC, you will need the appropriate dongle/adapter to connoect your computer to the VGA cable.
Watching a DVD/Listening to a CD
- Press the DVD icon at the top of the touchpanel screen
- Power on the DVD player
- Insert your disc and press play. You can control the DVD player from the touchpanel. You can play, pause, stop, fast forward, rewind, skip forward, and skip back.
Watching a VHS
- Press the VCR icon at the top of the touchpanel screen
- Power on teh DVD player
- Insert your tape and press play. You can control the VCR from the touchpanel. You can play, pause, stop, fast forward, and rewind.
- Press the AUX VGA icon at the top of the touchpanel screen
- Power on the Document Camera. You can adjust the zoom and focus of the camera.
This does not work in this classroom.
Please remember to tuen the system off when you are finished.
Have Questions/Need Help?
Call the Helpdesk at x2200
Library 230 - Seminar Room
Library 240 A & B - Group Viewing Rooms