Default quotas: mailbox quota / mailbox size, file server quotas (home, classes, midd-unix).
E-Mail, MIDDFILES, Classes, Midd-Unix Quotas
|E-Mail Mailbox Quota
||2 GB||2 GB|
||256 GB (per class)
||256 GB (per class)|
^^ Note: Midd-Unix accounts are not automatically created any more. See this page for details.
E-Mail Attachment Quotas
Even though our Middlebury College e-mail system allows you to send 100 MB attachment(s), many other e-mail systems (e.g. Gmail) don't allow such large attachment(s). So, email@example.com can send a 50 MB pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org, but gmail will refuse to accept the message. The problem is on gmail's end. Keep this in mind!
- You Middlebury College E-mail Account can receive attachments as large as 100 MB.
- Your Middlebury College E-mail Account can send attachments as large as 100 MB.
- Middlebury College users can send a single message to (at most) 15,000 other Middlebury College users.
- Middlebury College users can SEND 100 mb attachments to e-mail accounts outside our e-mail system. It's not guaranteed that the recipient will receive such a large attachment, since many other e-mail systems will not accept an attachment that large.
- Middlebury College users can send (up to 1000) messages per smtp session.