Dell Student Image
NOTE: This page contains information that is only useful to Helpdesk / LIS faculty and staff. Therefore I'm considering moving this information to our Internal wiki. If you feel that this information is important to the general public and/or do NOT think that this move is appropriate, please comment on the discussion page.
--Hunt, Christopher 14:58, 17 November 2009 (UTC)
Features of the Dell Student Image
Reimaging with the Dell Student Image
- midd_secure is not preconfigured
- foreign language support is not installed (two checkboxes under Control Panel => Regional Settings)
- consider removing handwriting support and speech support (makes the language bar cluttered)
- Firefox is not installed
- remember to add middlebury.edu to allowed pop up list
- No FTP client to give access to classes, snowleopard (e.g. WSFTP)
- IE -- need to add middlebury.edu to allowed pop up list
- No Real Player
- Consider adding built-in VPN shortcut
- Clear recent list of open files in Word
- Outlook autoconfig test?