When Millennium is upgraded or when you have to reload it onto your PC, Russian/Cyrillic characters & diactirics often will not appear correctly in the Client and in MIDCAT browsers -- they show as small boxes. Here's how to fix.
- Look at this documentaion: http://csdirect.iii.com/faq/diacrit.shtml
- See especially the section "How do I display Unicode diacritics in Millennium clients?"
- For the 1st part, where it says "Download Arial Unicode MS," just check your drop down list of fonts in Outlook or Word to see if you have it installed already. If so, skip steps 1-2.
- Proceed with 3-4 (download a file called Innovative font.properties from CSDirect http://csdirect.iii.com/downloads/font.shtml) . This is the file that Java programs consult to find out which font to use.
- In Internet Explorer, select
- Tools -> Internet options -> Fonts
- Choose Arial Unicode MS as the web page font
- Click OK
- Click on Accessibility from the Internet Options box
- Check "Ignore font styles specified on Web pages"
- You should then see the ligatures