Displays, Screens and Monitors
This page providers tips on:
- Troubleshooting monitor, display, screen issues
- Setting and using extended desktop, mirroring, resolutions...
- See also the page for projecting from laptop computers
- Using your Mac laptop with the lid closed
- Setting up multiple displays on your Mac
- Apple Display Error Codes
- Troubleshooting Issues with Video on External and Internal Displays
Dell monitors and computers:
- Dell Latitude Connected to a Projector Doesn't Project My Laptop Screen
- Dell's Monitor Troubleshooting Page - Part 1 (written for 19" monitors but applicable to virtually all Dell monitors)
- Dell's Monitor Troubleshooting Page - Part 2
- Most Dell monitors have a Factory Reset option on their main menu: Press the physical menu button on the front on the monitor and select Factory Reset.
- Setting up multiple displays on Dell Latitude
- Warranty policy for monitors with dead pixels
- To play around with monitor settings on a Dell, try right clicking on the desktop and selecting either "Properties" or "NVIDIA Display" if that option exists.