Distributing Windows Computers
'Imaging' Windows PC Computers using BartPE CD
1. __Power up the computer, (if Desktop, use a USB keyboard) and press F12 when F2 or F12 appears.
2. __Place an appropriate BartPE CD, which is compatible with computer Model, into the CD drive tray.
3. __Select the CD-ROM drive to BOOT to BARTPE CD, which will auto-map to\\Hawk\ghost
4. __Click OK, at the PE Network Configurator screen.
5. __Click OK, at the About Symantec Ghost screen.
6. __Select Local, then Disk, then "From Image" at the Symantec Ghost …screen.
7. __Select ‘Network Drive’ from Look in: pull-down menu on ‘Image file name to restore from’ ..screen.
8. __Select the correct folder (i.e., __Desktops or __Laptops… etc) which contains the image for the computer Model.
9. __Select the correct image for the computer Model you are imaging. (Use arrow-down to read Image file description)
10. __Click OK, at the Select local destination drive… screen.
11. __Click OK, at the Destination drive Detail …screen.
12. __Click Yes, at the question: – “Proceed with disk restore?” …screen.
13. __Click Reset Computer, at the "Clone Complete" …screen. (Computer should reboot - If not, Restart)
Computer 'Configuration' Procedure - (This is imbedded into Distribution Hepldesk tickets) (2/12/2009)
NAME (person doing the config / & delivery):______________________________
Write Helpdesk ticket# & Username info on Blue tape, placed on the computer and laptop bag.
(755 Desktops only) - Change the password for the Intel AMT
1.__ Turn on the computer
2.__ At the BIOS screen, press CTRL-P to enter the Intel AMT management console
3.__ Login using the default password: admin
4.__ Select change password from the menu and press enter
5.__ Type in the new password: (????)
6.__ Exit and restart computer and you are all set.
Configuring the computer using 'scripts' shortcuts – (left to right)
1.__ Login as LIS (__)
2.__ Click NO to restarting computer!
3.__ Id.txt file (on screen) - Fill-inthe Midd: ________
4.__ SAVE and Close the Id.txt file.
5.__ Launch Config.cmd - ['scripts' shortcut on desktop - bottom left]
6.__ Type the 'users' [username-midd] => OK [this names the computer]
7.__ “Press any key to continue”… -- (Reboots)
8.__ Login as LIS (again) => “Press any key to continue”…-- (Reboots & will join the DOMAIN)
9.__ Login as LIS (again), => Cancel the Novell login screen.
10__ Type in the 'users' [username] => OK - [adds user to Administrators Group]
11__ Ensure the correct People and Groups have been added to ‘Administrators Group’.
Installing Printers, Software, run ‘AssetTrckr’, & update ‘BIOS’ - (while logged in as LIS)
1.__ Launch “Add Bombay Printers” shortcut => (use Authorized Acct – midd\pcconfig)
2.__ Add appropriate printers and select a “Default printer”
3.__ Launch “Add Software HAWK Drop” shortcut => (use Authorized Acct – midd\pcconfig)
4.__ Launch “AssetTrckr ScanCmptr” shortcut => (use Authorized Acct – midd\pcconfig)
5.__ Launch “CM-Network Registration” shortcut, => Fill-in the details to register the computer.
6.__ Launch “BIOS” shortcut => Launch latest ‘bios’.exe, => click Run, [wait!!] DON’T click Continue yet…
7.__ first Delete the ‘scripts’ shortcuts from the desktop, => then ‘Empty Recycle Bin’
8.__ On‘Dell BIOS Flash’ screen, if ‘new’ BIOS is available, Click Continue, if not, click Cancel & Re-Boot!
Log-on as Administrator to COPY 'LIS' profile to 'Default User' profile
1.__ Log-on as administrator - use Workstation only (desktops)
2.__ Launch System Properties (shortcut on desktop)
3.__ On Advanced tab, under 'User Profiles' click on Settings button, then click to Highlight LIS profile...
4.__ Click Copy To button, => Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\Default User(highlighted) => OK
5.__ …Click Change button, click Location button, Cancel, click on ‘local computer’ under Location: => OK
6.__ Type everyone in box, click Check Names button, and Everyone will be recognized with an underline....
.…Click: YES => OK => OK
7.__ Log-Off as administrator, & Log-On to the ‘MIDD’ Domain using a Domain User Acct.
8.__ Launch Outlook - (to test Outlook auto-configuration)
9.__ Config is done! – Shutdown! – Contact the user to arrange ‘pick-up’ in ‘Walk-In’ or delivery (desktops).
10__ Laptops: in Laptop Bag: Laptop, AC adapter, network cable, USB mouse.
10a __ Laptop extras: (in monitor box): 17” monitor, Dock, keyboard, digital video cable, USB cable & 2 power cords.
11__ Desktops: (in monitor box): computer, 17” monitor attached with DVI “Y” & Digital video cable, (2) power cords, Network cable, USB keyboard & mouse.
12__ Record the Monitor & Docking station serial # in the Helpdesk ticket.
13__ Update the Helpdesk ticket and the InvWin dataBase.