We have added Drupal's Bibliography Module to the main website. This allows you to enter structured information about your publications, which you can then have appear on your Profile. The information will also appear in a central, searchable database of publications and may be displayed on other sites, like MiddLab.
Adding a Publication
- First, find your profile on our website and click the Edit link at the bottom of the profile. If you do not have access to edit your profile, you should contact the person to maintains your department site to have them grant you access. After you turn on displaying publications, you won't have to edit your profile again.
- You'll see a new section under Dynamic Features, which will look like this:
- Click the link to start adding publication information. This will open a new browser window or tab to a page that is currently empty if you have not yet added any publications.
- Click the Add link in the Edit Console at the top left of the screen.
- Select "Biblio". This should be the only option.
- You'll now see a form where you can enter bibliographic information about your publication, which should look like this:
- If your publication is in the PubMed database, you can look it up to import the bibliographic information automatically. You can also do this with a DOI number, or paste in a BibTex or RIS record. If you do not have this information, select the Publication Type from the provided drop-down menu. This will allow you to enter the relevant information for that type of publication.
- Click the Save button to create your publication record.
Adding Publications to your Profile
After you have created your first publication record, your name will be included as an author in our database. You can now use that information to display the records of your publications as part of your Profile on the Middlebury site.
- Edit your Profile again, or switch back to the tab you were using where you were previously editing your profile.
- In the "My publications" section, click the "Show my publications on my profile page".
- Select your name from the "Link My Profile with this Author from the Biblio database" drop-down, which should look like this:
- The default citation style is MLA. If you would like your publications to appear with a different citation style, you may select it from the "Style" drop-down.
- Save your profile. Your publications will now appear on your profile page like this:
You no longer need to edit your profile to add new publication information. Simple add that content to your My Publications page, which you will always have access to edit, and it will automatically appear on your profile.