EBL Books: Procedures for cataloging purchased items
Revision as of 16:07, 18 October 2011 by Richard Jenkins (Created page with "#Keep the record provided by EBL. #Do not overlay EBL record to ensure that the EBL number remains in field 001 and Midd's EZproxy URL in 856. #Verify that this record has an OC...")
- Keep the record provided by EBL.
- Do not overlay EBL record to ensure that the EBL number remains in field 001 and Midd's EZproxy URL in 856.
- Verify that this record has an OCLC number in field 035 (if no 035, search and add OCLC number for OCLC's EBL record in 035)
- Update OCLC holdings. (Do manually as 001 has EBL number)
- Edit call number as appropriate, adding $b and eb to date
- Add appropriate subject headings--usually from paper edition record on OCLC
- Add any other information that might be appropriate--such as a more complete contents note
- Add cat date
- Create item record:
- itype=51 E-book