Equipment Cataloging Procedures
Revision as of 16:12, 21 December 2009 by Richard Jenkins (New page: === Create brief local bib records for any equipment that will be checked out by faculty or students. === ==== Choose template from Millennium ==== *Click NEW icon *Select Equipment b...)
Create brief local bib records for any equipment that will be checked out by faculty or students.
Choose template from Millennium
- Click NEW icon
- Select Equipment bib
- Add: 099 CAMCORDER, CALCULATOR, TRIPOD, etc. [in capital letters]
- Adjust: 245 (Create title specific to item) -- Sony digital Handycam, etc.
- Adjust: 300 (Add brief description) -- 1 camcorder in leather case 1 instruction sheet, etc.
- Add: 500 note if necessary for contents.
- Add: 655 (Index/Genre term) -- Camcorders, Tripods, etc.
- Keep: 655 -- Equipment.
- Do not add initials
- Location: usually mmce
- Item code 2: u [uncataloged]
- Cost: check with Dean
- Add VOLUME field for MC number: e.g., MC#18
- Add MESSAGE field: Check for 2 cables, etc.
- 4-hour loaners within library: give to P&P for security strip; no property label necessary
- Staff/Faculty loaners: Tape a property sticker on top. These do not get barcoaded