Exchange 2010 Migration - Updating Android iOS
Due to the many models of portable phones and devices, and variations in their operating systems, we may not be able to clearly document the settings you may need to change on your device. Following are instructions that may apply to your device, but refer to documentation and support options for that device if you encounter problems. Most importantly note that our email server settings for some devices were switched to "junglecat.middlebury.edu" on May 20th. After the move of your mailbox to the Exchange 2010 server is complete (weekend of August 14th), "mail.middlebury.edu" will be the only correct email server listing for these devices.
DO NOT MAKE THESE SETTING CHANGES BEFORE THE MAILBOX MIGRATION!
THIS MOVE IS CURRENTLY SCHEDULED FOR THE WEEKEND OF AUGUST 14TH, 2010
HTC Android Devices
Note: These instructions may be different for other brand devices.
If you have set up your Middlebury account as an Exchange ActiveSync account:
- Open the list of all programs and open the "Mail" application
- Press the "MENU" button
- Select the "More..." option
- Select "Settings"
- Select "Account settings"
- Find the "Server address" - if:
- the server address is "mail.middlebury.edu," you don't need to make any changes - hit the home button and enjoy using your device
- the server address is "junglecat.middlebury.edu," hit the "Discard" button and continue with the next step
- Android does not let you just change the server setting - you must hit the "Delete account" button
- This does not mean your data will be lost - once you add your account with the proper server, all data will be restored
Apple iOS Devices (iPhone/iTouch/iPad)
If you have set up your Middlebury account as a Exchange ActiveSync account:
1. Touch Settings
2. Touch Mail, contacts, Calendars
3. Touch your Middlebury account
4. Touch Account Info
5. Touch Server and change junglecat.middlebury.edu to mail.middlebury.edu
6. Touch back to the Settings menu.
Your email will re-sync with the Exchange server. This may take a few minutes depending on the amount of email you have on the server, and how much of that email is synchronized with the Mail application.