Information to include in ticket
- Identifying information.
- For client, do we have a phone number? Ask if they will be checking their e-mail. Make sure we have a failsafe way (or two) of communicating with them.
- For computer - MIDD number, service tag if present. (On a Mac: go to System Preferences -> About This Mac.)
- Status updates. Where is the computer? Did we check it in? Does the customer have it? If it's a lab computer, where is it located? Again - identifying information.
Keep in mind
- Can the customer reach their e-mail? If there's any chance that they can't, follow-ups or responses by journal e-mails probably isn't the best way to contact them.
- Are we really planning on updating HEAT to the next version? --Hunt, Christopher 18:29, 10 July 2008 (EDT)