Revision as of 09:43, 4 August 2008 by Joseph Antonioli (talk | contribs) (→Links: added Wilson Media Lab information, per ticket #00170518)
It's often hard for me to keep track of the resources we have available for solving problems. Here's a run-down of how to deal with various types of problems.
Where to look first for help
- Search this wiki
- Do a simple search in HEAT
- Troubleshooting Links button in HEAT
- Your fellow consultants
- Staff members
- Software installed on public computers:  (also go/media)
- Smart classrooms: go/media has links to guides to each classroom.
- Laptop purchases: Parents call us asking what model laptop they should buy for their incoming freshmen. Recommended models at go.middlebury.edu/lis -> Help & Support -> Computer Purchase & Repair -> Student Computer Purchase.
- Paying tuition online: Parents call asking how to get their student's PIN for paying tuition. They most likely don't need it: have them look closely at the section which asks for the student's PIN. It should specify that it actually wants the student's MM/DD of birth.
- Digital_Media_Tutors Digital Media Tutor Schedule for the Wilson Media Development Lab
Utilities and programs
We have a list of free programs to add to your utility belt. See Useful Applications
Cleaning viruses & malware
See Viruses and malware for malware cleaning steps and tips.
- This page was last edited on 20 July 2022, at 16:09.
- About Library & ITS Wiki