Hosted Exchange: Updating Your Account
Middlebury is moving from its own infrastructure for email hosting, onto the cloud. It is moving group by group, click here for more information and the schedule. On some platforms, this does not usually cause problems (Android, iOS, Mac Mail); if it does, try deleting and re-adding the account. However, in Outlook, sometimes there are errors as the stored profile looks for your mailbox and it’s not where it was. If you happen to run into this, here are the basic troubleshooting steps that have helped so far:
- Wait a couple hours for things to settle down after your scheduled update.
- Close Outlook and run Windows Update (Win) or Microsoft AutoUpdate (Mac) until there are no more updates; being out of date is almost certain to cause issues. Then reboot and try Outlook again.
- Windows Updates: Select the Start button, and search for "windows update," then select the "Check for Updates" button. You will have to come back and click "Install Updates" and reboot after that has finished.
- Mac Microsoft AutoUpdate: To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program, and then click Check for Updates on the Help menu. Reboot after this as well.
- Check out the create a new profile page to re-set up your profile, as well as any mailboxes or any other accounts you may have direct access to.
If none of these steps help, make a ticket online or call x2200.