Hosted Exchange: Updating Your Account
Middlebury is moving from its own infrastructure for email hosting to cloud services provided by Microsoft. (We are moving group by group - check out our Cloud Migrations Page for more information and the schedule). After your account is moved, you may need to adjust how you access e-mail:
- Webmail (Outlook Web Access aka OWA): You will need to access your mailbox at a different location, namely https://outlook.office.com/owa. You can use the shortcut http://go.middlebury.edu/newmail to get there for the time being; once all accounts have been migrated, go/mail will point there as well.
- Most mobile platforms will automatically detect the new settings (Android and iOS Mail as well as Mac Mail); if there are any issues, try deleting and re-adding the account.
- In Outlook, sometimes there are errors as the stored profile looks for your mailbox and it’s not where it was. If you happen to run into this, here are the basic troubleshooting steps that have helped so far:
- Wait a couple hours for things to settle down after your scheduled update.
- Close Outlook and run Windows Update (Win) or Microsoft AutoUpdate (Mac) until there are no more updates; being out of date is almost certain to cause issues. Then reboot and try Outlook again.
- Windows Updates: Select the Start button, and search for "windows update," then select the "Check for Updates" button. You will have to come back and click "Install Updates" and reboot after that has finished.
- Mac Microsoft AutoUpdate: To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program, and then click Check for Updates on the Help menu. Reboot after this as well.
- Check out the create a new profile page to re-set up your profile, as well as any mailboxes or any other accounts you may have direct access to.
- If none of these steps help, make a ticket online or call x2200.