How to Map a Drive
Windows XP and Vista
- To access the Map Network Drive dialog:
- XP: Right-click the "My Computer" icon on the Desktop or on the Start Menu)
- Vista: (Click on the Start button and right-click "Computer")
- Select "Map Network Drive".
- In the window that appears fill out the folder field using the following format
where you replace "server" with the name of the server you want to connect to, and "share" with the name of the shared folder that you'd like to access. One example would be connecting to the server "tigercat" and the shared folder "users":
- You can leave the "Drive" box unchanged (unless you prefer to use a particular letter). If you'd like your computer to automatically connect to this drive/share, you can place a check-mark next to "Reconnect at logon".
- Click Finish. You may be prompted to authenticate. If you're connecting to file server that belongs to Middlebury College, you will need append the word "MIDD\" to the beginning of your username, for example
Mac OS X