How to Map a Drive
Windows XP and Vista
- To access the Map Network Drive dialog:
- XP: Right-click the "My Computer" icon on the Desktop or on the Start Menu)
- Vista: (Click on the Start button and right-click "Computer")
- Select Map Network Drive from the pop-up menu.
- In the window that appears select an unused drive letter and then complete the folder field using the following format
[file://\\server\folder \\server\folder]Replace server with the name of the server you want to connect to, and folder with the name of the shared or private folder that you'd like to access. See the following examples
- If you'd like your computer to automatically connect to this drive/share, you can place a check-mark next to Reconnect at logon.
- Click Finish. You may be prompted to authenticate. If you're connecting to file server that belongs to Middlebury College, you will need append the word "MIDD\" to the beginning of your username, for example
Mac OS X