How to setup Outlook 2011 to send and receive e-mail
- Open Outlook 2011. (If this is the first time you've opened Outlook 2011, then the Welcome to Outlook window will open. Click the "Continue" button to close the Welcome to Outlook window.)
- Click on the Tools menu at the top of the screen and click Accounts. The Accounts window will appear.
- In the Accounts window, click Exchange Account. The Enter your Exchange information window will appear.
- In the Enter your Exchange information window:
- Click Add Account.
- Outlook will be automatically configured to send and receive your Middlebury e-mail. The process may take a few minutes to an hour, depending on your network connection speed and the size of your mailbox.
Note: All Macs newly configured by the Helpdesk come with the Academic version of Microsoft Office 2011 which does indeed have Outlook. However, the Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student edition does NOT have Outlook. If your Mac has the Home & Student edition, you can check with the Helpdesk if you are eligible to install the Academic version, which does have Outlook for Mac.
For further help on all Outlook topics, please visit Microsoft's Outlook Support Site.