How to setup Outlook 2011 to send and receive e-mail
Note: All Macs newly configured by the Helpdesk come with the Academic version of Microsoft Office 2011 which does indeed have Outlook. However, the Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student edition does NOT have Outlook. If your Mac has the Home & Student edition, you can check with the Helpdesk if you are eligible to install the Academic version, which does have Outlook for Mac.
- Open Outlook 2011.
If this is the first time you've opened Outlook 2011, then the Welcome to Outlook window will open.
- If you have data from Entourage that you'd like to import, then click the Import button and follow the on-screen instructions - when the import process is complete, go to Step 2, below. Importing from Entourage is not necessary if all your Entourage data is stored on the email server, which is most often the case.
- If you do not want to import data from Entourage, click the "Continue" button to close the Welcome to Outlook window.
- Click on the Tools menu at the top of the screen and click Accounts. The Accounts window will appear.
- In the Accounts window, click Exchange Account. The Enter your Exchange information window will appear.
- In the Enter your Exchange information window:
- Enter your full Middlebury email address.
- Enter your Middlebury username in the format MIDD\username (e.g. MIDD\pmitrevs).
- Enter your Middlebury password.
- Leave the checkmark in the checkbox Configure automatically.
- Click Add Account.
- Outlook will be automatically configured to send and receive your Middlebury e-mail. The process may take a few minutes to an hour, depending on your network connection speed and the size of your mailbox.
For further help on all Outlook topics, please visit Microsoft's Outlook Support Site.