- 1 Hyperion 9
- 2 Common problems with Hyperion
- 3 Hyperion does not install under non-admin accounts
- 4 Hyperion Client Installer refuses to install and reports a problem with the certificate
- 5 Making Internet Explorer more compatible with Hyperion
- 6 Hyperion Runs But Reports Open in a Blank Grey Screen
- 7 Hyperion Tech Notes
- 8 Re-Installing the Interactive Reporting Web Client:
The College is upgrading to Hyperion 9 on Oct 27, 2008. See the Media:Hyperion9installation.pdf article for details on installing the new Hyperion.
Common problems with Hyperion
Most problems with Hyperion can be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the Hyperion Client. Uninstalling: Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, uninstall the Hyperion Intelligence Client Reinstalling: Go to the Hyperion server: http://go.middlebury.edu/hyperion?prod navigate to a report (will have a BQY extension), you will be prompted to install the client. If you have a pop-up blocker on your web browser, it will block the client installation. Step-by-step instructions are available here: http://kb/article.asp?article=1218&p=7 and here: Hyperion Reinstall Steps.
Hyperion does not install under non-admin accounts
During the install process, Hyperion does not ask for admin rights, there's no indication that it needs them, the installer page just stays on "checking status". Temporarily granting admin privileges to the account resolves the problem. I had to install Hyperion under the account in question, while I could install it from our usual admin account, the account in question would not see the installation.
Hyperion Client Installer refuses to install and reports a problem with the certificate
Not sure what's causing this. Our vendor is looking into it. The quick workaround is to add *.middlebury.edu to the trusted sites (see next secion "Making IE more compatible with hyperion"). Using this workaround IE will let you install Hyperion. Otherwise, here's things to try:
- Clear the SSL cache in Internet Explorer (Internet Explorer => Tools => Internet Options => click on the Content tab, then click "Clear SSL state").
- Check the date on the computer. If the date is incorrect, the computer may think that the certificate has expired. Correct the date and try again.
- Visit http://update.microsoft.com and review the optional updates. There may be a "root certificates" update that has not been installed. Reboot after installing that and try again.
- Clear temp files (Internet Explorer => Tools => Internet Options => on the main/general tab click "Delete Files" or "Delete" (when prompted put a checkmark next to "all files").
Making Internet Explorer more compatible with Hyperion
Hyperion needs to open certain screens in a pop-up window, so you need to configure your browser to allow pop-ups for Hyperion. In brief: add *.middlebury.edu to the trusted sites, add *.middlebury.edu to the list of allowed pop-ups. For details, see Making Internet Explorer more compatible with Hyperion for details.
Hyperion Runs But Reports Open in a Blank Grey Screen
Cause: Most likely Internet Explorer 7 and Hyperion 9 are conflicting in some way.
- Uninstall hyperion from Add/Remove programs.
- Still in Add/Remove programs scroll down to Windows Internet Explorer 7 and REMOVE / Uninstall Internet Explorer 7.
- Install Hyperion.
Hyperion Tech Notes
Re-Installing the Interactive Reporting Web Client:
1. Open Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs
2. Uninstall the entry for “Hyperion Interactive Reporting Web Client”
3. Once completed select No to restart the machine
4. Delete the following files from the C:\WINDOWS directory:
- Skip step 5 for those who have the desktop client tools installed (can check GAL for whether they are a member of "LIS Hyperion Explorer")
5. Next remove any and all folders with Hyperion associated files (**Note: If any other products are installed such as the IR Studio skip this step)
a. Check for a Hyperion folder under C:\Documents and Settings\*userprofile*\
b. Check for Hyperion or Brio folders on the root of C:\ or in C:\Program Files
6. Once all files and folders have been removed restart the machine
7. Run the installer from the Hyperion menu Tools -> Install -> Interactive Reporting Web Client