Setting up your iOS device to access your Middlebury email is not complicated! Middlebury's email system is currently Microsoft Exchange.
- From the Home screen of your iOS device, select Settings.
- From the Settings screen, select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- From the Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen, verify that Fetch New Data is set to "Push".
- From the Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen, select Add Account..., then select Microsoft Exchange.
- Populate the Account setup screens using the screenshot as an example. (see below)
- Select the Next button, then wait a few moments for Verifying, then enter the Server: mail.middlebury.edu (if it isn't already there)
- Select the Next button, then wait a few more moments for Verifying, then verify that Mail is enabled on the Exchange Account screen and select Save.
- After sync has been configured, you will be returned to the Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen, so select the Middlebury account.
- On the Middlebury screen, select Mail Folders to Push and enable Sent Items (in addition to the Inbox), then return to the Middlebury screen. (see notes below)
- If you want more of your mail on your iOS device, you can increase the Mail Days to Sync setting, but be careful not to select No Limit, or you will regret it. (see notes below)
Welcome to your Middlebury email on your iOS device!
Account settings for Middlebury Exchange Accounts
A few notes from an LIS Admin
- The Verifying... screen can take a little while. Please be patient.
- If you have your iOS device set to push not just your Inbox, but also your Sent Items mail folder, you will always have the most current representation of your email activity.
- Drafts don't get saved to the Exchange server in iOS 4.2.1. There is no good reason why.
- In the Mail Days to Sync setting, there is an option to set No Limit. LIS Admin advises you NOT to do this. This may seriously degrade the performance of your iOS device.