Revision as of 01:03, 26 February 2011 by Christopher Norris (→Image:Ios findmy icon.jpg Setup an iOS device for Remote Locate/Lock/Wipe (3G-only))
Be safe! In addition to setting a security code on your iOS device, LIS Admin advises all users of 3G iOS devices to setup Remote Locate/Lock/Wipe.
- Download and install Apple's free Find My iPhone app from the App Store.
- From the Home screen of your iOS device, select Settings.
- From the Settings screen, select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- From the Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen, select Add Account...
- Create a MobileMe account.
- Turn the Find My iPad/iPhone setting ON.
- Locate/Lock/Wipe your 3G iOS device by signing in to http://www.me.com with your MobileMe credentials.