Projecting from an iOS device is unfortunately more difficult than it should be. In addition to iOS software limitations, there is a hardware requirement of a special cable, and even the cable is specific to the type of iOS device in use.
- Order the correct VGA adapter cable for your iOS device from the Apple Store.
- Connect the VGA adapter to your iOS device and to the Projector.
- Select an app that supports Projection.
LIS Admin Notes
- Not all apps can project. Apple has restricted video-out to the following limited list of standard apps: Videos, Photos (slideshow playback only), YouTube, Keynote, Safari (video content on webpages). Please understand that projection (ie. video-out) is software-dependent! It is up to iOS app developers to build video-out support into their third party apps.
- If you need to project a web site, you may want to try the paid Atomic Web Browser app, which supports video-out. The Atomic Web Browser app is available from the App Store.