Jabber Installs and Updates
March 26th 2021 Jabber Security Vulnerability
Cisco has recently discovered a critical security vulnerability and has released new versions of the software to mitigate the threat. It's important that all users upgrade to the newest version of Jabber as soon as possible.
Mac new version: 12.9.6
Windows new version: 12.9.5
Self Service Windows Installation
To install the currently supported version of Jabber, please do one of the following:
- Middlebury computers distributed by ITS beginning in 2020 have the Company Portal app installed, which does not require VPN or a Middlebury network connection to use. Please open the Company Portal and search for Jabber.
- Middlebury computers distributed prior to 2020, please visit https://go.middlebury.edu/kss/ when connected to Middlebury VPN. You may see the dialog box below. It is designed to run the installer for you - once you have hung up your phone call and clicked on the Continue button. This install is available to many computers, but only when connected to the Middlebury network (or VPN).
For more information on self service, please visit https://go.middlebury.edu/selfservice/.
Self Service Mac Installation
Middlebury Macs have the Self Service app installed. To update Jabber, open Self Service and search for Jabber. For more information on self service, please visit https://go.middlebury.edu/selfservice/
To confirm the installed version, please open Jabber, select Jabber in the menu bar and select About Jabber.
Alternative Mac and Windows Installer
In addition to the self service installation options below, new versions of Jabber can also be installed from here. Users must sign in with Middlebury credentials to download.
From the SharePoint site:
- Check the box next to the Mac or Windows installer.
- Click Download.
- Find the downloaded file and open it.
- Follow prompts to finish the installation.