- 1 Qualtrics Replacing Key Survey, July 2015
- 2 Key Survey Legacy Information
Qualtrics Replacing Key Survey, July 2015
Middlebury College adopted Qualtrics as its on-line survey platform, replacing Key Survey, as of July 2015. Please visit go/qualtrics for information about Qualtrics account creation and how to transition existing surveys and data you may have in Key Survey. Key Survey will be available through September 30 but users are strongly encouraged to export their surveys and data well in advance.
Key Survey Legacy Information
Key Survey is a powerful survey tool that Middlebury College has purchased for academic and administrative surveying needs. If you want to create a survey or poll for a use that doesn't fit the usage policy, such as a survey for personal use, check out some of the free tools such as Survey Monkey.
- When creating a survey, you must explain your objectives and procedures, and any risks and benefits to the respondents.
- As you conduct surveys, you have the responsibility of protecting the rights of the respondents.
- You must protect the confidentiality, and respect the privacy, of the respondents.
- The survey must include a method for the respondents to reach you with questions or concerns.
- For certain research involving human subjects, you must get permission from the Institutional Review Board (IRB): http://go.middlebury.edu/irb.
- To learn more about when it is necessary to go through IRB approval, what constitutes “personally identifiable information”, what information should never be collected, what requires special approval, etc. consult the full policy document at http://mediawiki.middlebury.edu/wiki/LIS/KeySurvey-policy.
Key Survey Accounts
Before you can log in, you need to contact the Technology Helpdesk (802.443.2200) to request the creation of a Key Survey account for your use.
Students needing accounts for survey projects should ask their faculty or staff adviser to contact the Helpdesk and submit a request for account creation on their behalf.
- Note: When your account is first set up you may receive an email from WorldApp, the vendor that hosts KeySurvey, welcoming you to a 30-day trial account. Don't worry! Your account will be promptly converted to a "professional" one without an expiration date.
Multi-Access Accounts for Faculty
If you are a faculty member teaching a class where each student will use KeySurvey for class work, request that your KeySurvey account be created as "Multi-Access". This will enable you to create sub-accounts for each student, to which you will have full access. This is particularly useful for combining work from several subaccounts into one larger survey or for combining survey results. See overview at KeySurvey Help Topic "Multi-user License."
Some departments (such as International Programs) also use this type of account setup for shared survey work.
- To create sub-accounts, see KeySurvey's help topics Add new user and Edit User Profile.
- Having created the user accounts, create a folder within your "Main" surveys folder for each sub-account, using the "New" button top left above your folder list. Name the folders for the subaccount users e.g. Smith or JSmith or JoeS.
- Give each student access to his or her own folder. "Administration" tab, "edit" username, select the "Rights" tab for that user account, assign them rights for their own folder.
Middlebury College renewed the right to use "WorldAPP Offline" on up to 10 offline devices through our new contract's expiration date on 9/30/2015. There is a limit of 10 Offline Users. These can be up to 10 offline devices all distributed by one online user, or any combination of up to the 10 limit in any combination of online users.
Key Survey Login and Use
Once your Key Survey account has been created, go to http://go.middlebury.edu/keysurvey/ or go/keysurvey/ and log in using your full Middlebury email address (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) and your assigned Key Survey password.
Check for browser recommendations at Key Survey http://www.keysurvey.com/products/BrowserRecommendations.jsp
- After making changes in the list of questions, be sure to click the save button at the bottom of the page.
- After you create a rating scale once, it appears in the list of available scales. You do not need to create it again.
- The option for showing "back" buttons is on step #4, "Rules".
- Be sure to choose "Secure URL" for any urls.
Survey Distribution Tips
- Easiest - send the survey's "Master URL" in a regular (Outlook) e-mail to your survey takers, or post the Master URL on a web page. Make sure to use the setting "Allow multiple responses - only applies to Master URL or Participant Portal". Settings may be accessed from the "Edit" button pull-down.
- Track your respondents by having KS do the distribution. You must enter all the e-mail addresses into KeySurvey - you cannot use a distribution group address. Each survey taker gets a unique version of the URL. See KS help topic "e-mail survey".
- How do I learn how to use Key Survey?
- Use the Show Me How drop-down menu to access short training videos covering the main aspects of Key Survey.
- Where can I find help on a particular feature?
- Look for contextual help links in the top-right of most pages.
- How do I use the Password Protection and Autofill features?
- Refer to the [Extended Autofill documentation]
- What if I get a message about "credits" when I try to view survey responses?
- Contact the Middlebury Helpdesk - more credits will be provided. You don't need to contact WorldApp as the message instructs!
- What happens if you edit a launched survey?
- The changes you make are automatically reflected on the launched survey once you save the survey. If you hide a question that somebody has already answered, their answer is saved.
- How do we print a copy of the survey questions?
- When editing the survey, click Test in the links under the tabs at the top of the page. Now click the Print Summary button. You'll get a printout of the survey questions and their options, with no page breaks.
- Can we send a survey to multiple recipients using an e-mail distribution group?
- Yes. You can send a survey to a distribution group, but that group will only receive one "copy" of the survey. In the Rules section, you can select "Allow multiple responses". You must be careful to copy the link from the "Master URL" box into the email you send out. This will give the desired result: multiple responses from a single distribution group.
- Can we get e-mail notification when someone fills out a survey?
- Yes. Use the "Alert" button available for each question in your survey. See help topic "Alerts". To include survey responses in the e-mail, use the format [Qx.Ay] where Q is the question number and A the answer section. Usually [Qx.A*] gives you what you want, e.g. [Q1.A*] will include all data gathered in Question 1.
Need Technical Help with your Survey?
WorldAPP (our Key Survey vendor) provides the best resources for technical questions about Key Survey use so you can get help when you need it:
- A Chat button found at right on KeySurvey.com
- Phone support: 781.849.8118
- Email support: email@example.com