KeySurvey - hosted
As of June 2010, KeySurvey is hosted by WorldApp. Users from the previous Middlebury hosted version were not moved to the new system. New accounts are being created on request.
- Need a hole in the firewall to enable off-campus access.
- Middlebury_Admin - Use this account to add/remove users and edit user properties
- Template - Design custom survey templates and add to the Question Library
- email@example.com - Change the text labels for the application
User Management: Middlebury_Admin
- New accounts are now (10/5/10) created at a web page: http://middlebury.keysurvey2.com/FreeTrial.jsp?logon=false&sfRegistration=false
- Match Active Directory information for:
- For Company name:
use Middlebury or MIIS
- For Password/Confirm Password:
make up a 6 character alphanumeric string
- Click the "I have read…" box
- Click on Sign Up
- Ignore the next screen that prompts you to create a survey.Click "Log out"
- Note: this immediately generates an email to the user from World App welcoming them to their "trial" account. ** So it is important to quickly update the users record with appropriate terms of service, and to send them a separate email that includes the actual URL. **
- Update the user profile
- Log on to http://middlebury.keysurvey2.com as Middlebury_Admin
- Return to the Administration page/tab < http://middlebury.keysurvey2.com/Member/Admin/Administration.do >
• Search for new account, after entering criterion in one of the boxes, such as Last Name.
Click on Search button. A list of matching users will appear at bottom of the page.
• If more than one user matches your search, click on UserID (these are automatically generated by the system) to see and modify additional information.
A new screen appears < http://middlebury.keysurvey2.com/Member/Admin/AdminEditSet.jsp?userid=NNNNN
- Modify the entries in these fields
User Type Single User
Add/Remove Credits 1000
- • Click on Show Rights to set other properties:
For ease of set up and to provide user maximum flexibility
-- check all entries in the first four columns (Survey Design, Launch, Report, Import/Export)
-- uncheck all entries in the right-hand column (Options)
- !!! Notify WorldApp of new accounts !!!
In the background, they need to update them from "trial" to "professional" status (they are working on methodology for us to do this ourselves [6/10/10]). Send her the email address of users we add.
- Students must have faculty sponsor. Send account info to student & faculty member.
- FYI: this is the message I e-mail to the user and sponsor.
Your account, username: firstname.lastname@example.org password xxxnnn has been created.
Please read our survey policy document at https://surveys.middlebury.edu/WebHelp/SurveyPolicy.pdf
Go to http://middlebury.keysurvey2.com to log in.
The on-line contextual help, accessed from the button at the top right of each screen is very good.
Here are a couple of tips:
• After making changes in any question, be sure to click the save button at the bottom of the page.
• After you create a rating scale once, it appears in the list of available scales. You do not need to create it again.
• The option for showing "back" buttons is on step #4, "Rules".
• Be sure to choose "Secure URL" for any urls.
You can find additional help at the Middlebury Key Survey wiki: - https://mediawiki.middlebury.edu/wiki/LIS/KeySurvey
Sub accounts are only for non-Middlebury users. Hold off on doing this for now.
- Edit a user
- Change user type to Multiuser Admin
- Add sub-account credits.