Borrowing info can be found here.
When a Kindle Fire is returned, please follow these steps:
1. Turn on the device (small button on the bottom edge)
2. Slide the orange arrow on the screen to the left
3. Touch the gear symbol in the upper right corner
4. Touch the "more" plus symbol
5. Scroll down to "Device"
6. Scroll down to "Restore to Factory Defaults"
7. Touch "Erase everything"
8. Check for the power cord in case
9. Check in the item in Millennium
10. Charge the device, if needed
NOTE: If the Kindle is password protected upon return, enter an incorrect password 4 times and it will prompt you to do a factory reset.