Outlook - Unable to create new item (if Skype installed)
If Skype and Outlook are running at the same time, and you try to create a new Outlook message, you may get an error message saying something to the extent "can't create new item".
The solution is to open Skype and under the view menu, and click on "View Outlook Contacts".
- WebVPN does not work
- INB is not very stable, see Vista#INB
- Novell drives cannot be mapped by default, very nice fixes available at: Vista#Mapping_Network_Drives_in_Vista
- Searching Novell drives is slow, for workaround see: Vista#Searching_Novell_Network_Drives.2FShares_in_Vista
- Novell drives may be slow to open/access/list files. Not really sure why. Try installing the Novell client, as outlined in Option 2, on this page: Vista#Mapping_Network_Drives_in_Vista
- Disabling Remote Differential Compression did not help when attempted, but may help others. See this page to learn how to disable this feature: http://www.petri.co.il/tweaking_window_vista_performance.htm
- The web page above has many more tips on how to improve the networking performance in Vista
Known Software Issues
- Cannot Update Firefox
- Firefox 3 and self-signed certificates (aka "Secure Connection Failed")