This is the space that the LIS Website Team will use for documentation and note taking.
2009: June 24
Present: Elin Waagen, Jess Isler, Ian McBride (time-keeper), Carrie Macfarlane (note-taker), Liz Whitaker-Freitas, Jim Beauchemin.
1. Questions for the team - Jim and Carrie
- Jim had some questions about roles and communication methods. He will meet with Doreen to review what he missed on Thurs afternoon and Fri morning
- Carrie shared what she'd done to get caught up on team training. She asks that team members tell her when she does something contrary to what the team learned/agreed to during training.
2. Decide on a platform to facilitate documentation and communication
- What will we use this for? Communication within the team and with our users/constituents.
- What are our options? Basecamp, Microsoft Project, Groove, MediaWiki, Wordpress, Drupal (not yet)
- We discussed the merits and drawbacks of the options.
- We decided by majority: At least in the beginning, we will use MediaWiki for meeting notes and documentation, and Wordpress for communication among ourselves and with our users/constituents. We may use email to direct our users/constituents to Wordpress. We may use email to communicate within the team about mundane matters like absences at meetings. We can revisit this decision in the future by adding it to a meeting agenda.
- Ian created this Wiki category and our blog (LIS Website Project).
[Add other sections here]