This is the space that the LIS Website Team will use for documentation and note taking.
2009: June 24
Present: Elin Waagen, Jess Isler, Ian McBride (time-keeper), Carrie Macfarlane (note-taker), Liz Whitaker-Freitas, Jim Beauchemin.
1. Questions for the team - Jim and Carrie
- Jim had some questions about roles and communication methods. He will meet with Doreen to review what he missed on Thurs afternoon and Fri morning
- Carrie shared what she'd done to get caught up on team training. She asks that team members tell her when she does something contrary to what the team learned/agreed to during training.
2. Decide on a platform to facilitate documentation and communication
- What will we use this for? Communication within the team and with our users/constituents.
- What are our options? Basecamp, Microsoft Project, Groove, MediaWiki, Wordpress, Drupal (not yet)
- We discussed the merits and drawbacks of the options.
- We decided by majority: At least in the beginning, we will use MediaWiki for meeting notes and documentation, and Wordpress for communication among ourselves and with our users/constituents. We may use email to direct our users/constituents to Wordpress. We may use email to communicate within the team about mundane matters like absences at meetings. We can revisit this decision in the future by adding it to a meeting agenda.
- Ian created this Wiki category and our blog (LIS Website Project).
3. Team Protocols
- Team protocols that were agreed upon during team training were listed:
a. Meet weekly meeting - adjust frequency as needed if there are no/more agenda items.
b. Set agenda ahead of time
c. Shared responsibility to generate agenda items, agenda facilitated by team leader
d. Agenda items will have specific time and sponsor
e. Time keeper
f. Note taker
g. Use shared platform for communication and development of documentation
h. Timely (define?) posting of meeting notes
i. Time at end (5-10 min) for discussion or overflow or to set next meeting agenda
j. If unable to attend, responsible for getting caught up
k. Open honest dialogue (with tact)
l. Simple majority rules
m. Agreement - to ensure success (from training)
n. Authentic and candid dialogue
o. Honest - with tact
p. Open to others - come to agreement
q. Make the decision and move on - or fix it and move on
r. Depersonalize and on board
s. Participate, engage, share point of view 1X
t. Focus on and value time over story
u. Informed, fast decisions
w. Take notes
x. Take responsibility
y. Volunteer, be willing
z. Right to expect candor and openness
aa. Own it
bb. Be present
3. Vision statements
4. Future agenda items:
- Other potential team protocols were mentioned in conversation prior to the start of the meeting. It was suggested that these potential protocols be discussed during the meeting. The allotted time for the meeting came to an end before protocols were discussed. Therefore, perhaps we should discuss additional team protocols in a future meeting.
[Add other sections here]