LS Technology Orientations
Revision as of 14:55, 12 February 2020 by Cynthia Slater (Replaced mention of go/activate with password change details.)
- To see much of this info in presentation form, check out go/lstech/.
- Changing passwords. See http://go/passwordhelp/.
- Connect to wireless: use
MiddleburyCollegenetwork, Midd e-mail and password. More info at go/wireless/.
- Email: many LS faculty prefer to use the Web interface at go/mail/; help is available at go/webmailhelp/.
- Classes folders: Simplest method for distributing files to students and allowing them to turn in assignments (others include Canvas and OneDrive/Google Drive). Info at go/middfiles/. This and other resources are available through the CourseHub.
- Cloud Storage: Emphasize the inevitability of hard drive failure and the advantages of having data backed up and available from anywhere.
- More Help: go/helpdesk/, 802.443.2200
Common Tech Problems
Some issues are especially relevant to LS faculty:
- Some Windows computers issued by other institutions may need to manually set up wireless.
- Sometimes the correct courses don't appear for an instructor in the CourseHub. This usually applies when there are multiple professors per class. The correct way to fix this is to make sure they’re actually registered as instructors with the Registrar. This is sometimes a tough sell, so the workaround is for the lead professor to manually edit the