Lending Policy FAQ
- 1 Who can check out equipment from the Film and Media Culture Equipment Room?
- 2 What if I don't meet the eligibility requirements but have a project in mind?
- 3 Who has extended access to the Axinn Center?
- 4 What happens if I lose my keycard?
- 5 When is the equipment room open?
- 6 What do I need to bring with me to check out equipment?
- 7 What equipment is available for me to use?
- 8 What should I be looking for as I inspect the equipment that I am about to check out?
- 9 When do I need to return the equipment?
- 10 What happens if I forget to return the equipment?
- 11 What happens if I lose the equipment?
- 12 What happens if I damage the equipment?
- 13 Who do I contact if I have questions about Film and Media Culture equipment or facilities?
- 14 External Links
Who can check out equipment from the Film and Media Culture Equipment Room?
Middlebury Students that are currently enrolled in Film and Media Culture courses that have a production component are eligible to check out equipment from the FMMC Equipment Room.
What if I don't meet the eligibility requirements but have a project in mind?
You may submit a proposal to the Department Chair, as outlined in the Policy and Procedure for Non-Curricular Use Document. It is expected that students will have relevant training within FMMC courses before being granted access to equipment outside of these courses. Proposals should be submitted at least two weeks before the project begins to allow enough time for the proposal to be evaluated and approved or denied.
Who has extended access to the Axinn Center?
Middlebury Students that are currently enrolled in Film and Media Culture courses that have a production component are given extended access to the Axinn Center. Authorized Student ID cards will unlock the two main entrances to the Axinn Center and the appropriate lab spaces 24 hours per day Sunday - Thursday. Friday and Saturday access is limited to 10pm. Students should enter and exit through the two main building entrances to prevent alarms from triggering after regular building hours. All access concerns after normal business hours should be directed to Public Safety at 443-5133.
What happens if I lose my keycard?
A lost keycard must be reported so that it can be deactivated and a replacement will cost $20 at public safety.
When is the equipment room open?
The equipment room is open Monday – Friday from 10:00am – 12:00pm or by appointment.
What do I need to bring with me to check out equipment?
A valid Middlebury student ID is required to check out equipment.
What equipment is available for me to use?
The equipment that is available to you is dependent on the course that you are currently enrolled in, the courses that you have previously taken, and your demonstrated knowledge and ability to use equipment.
What should I be looking for as I inspect the equipment that I am about to check out?
All equipment kits come with a checklist that is used to verify that the kit is going out with all of the accessories that are included in the kit. In addition you should do a general inspection of the equipment to make sure that it is in working order.
When do I need to return the equipment?
Equipment is checked out for three day periods that do not include the day of checkout. Use this chart to find out when equipment is due back:
|Checked Out||Due Back|
- Since the equipment room is CLOSED on Saturday and Sunday, anything checked out on Wednesday or Thursday will be due on Monday when the equipment room reopens.
What happens if I forget to return the equipment?
You will receive an email reminder when your equipment is late. If we are not able to contact you via email we will contact you by phone. Your account will be placed on hold and you will not be able to check out equipment until the late equipment is returned. The second instance will result in a written warning to the student and to the faculty member in charge of the course. The continued inability to return equipment on time will result in grade deductions from the course and lending privileges will be temporarily revoked.
What happens if I lose the equipment?
You will be financially responsible for the replacement value of the equipment.
What happens if I damage the equipment?
Outside of normal wear and tear you will be financially responsible for the repairs or replacement of the equipment.
Who do I contact if I have questions about Film and Media Culture equipment or facilities?
Ethan Murphy – Media Production Specialist