Some helpful guides for creating and editing LibGuides:
Tips for Creating Libguides
- Page length: Try to keep landing page content above the fold
- Text: Keep it brief! users mainly want links, examples.
- Headings: Keep it brief (but not too brief!): make informative/intuitive to students.
- Example: “Which style should I use?”
- Comments availability:
- Recommendation: Consider enabling for entire page only.
- How to turn off for entire page or for individual boxes: see Toggling comments
- Add “Ask a librarian” sidebar box widget and your profile box in right column
- Style issues creators cannot change because they are default for site consistency
- Color of headings
- Box borders
- Tab styles and colors