Library Lockers and Study Carrels
Library Lockers and Study Carrels Guidelines
- Library materials must be checked out at the Circulation Desks before storing in a locker or carrel
- Lockers and Carrels are subject to regular inspection
- Library-use-only materials may not be stored in carrels and lockers and are subject to removal
- Lockers and carrels will be cleared of contents if key is not returned by the due date
- If removed, personal belongings will be placed in the lost&found
- If removed, library materilas will be checked-in and re-shelved
- Keys may be borrowed at the Davis Family and Armstrong Circulation Desks on a first-come, first-served basis for a 28-day loan
- Locker keys may be renewed in person at any of the Circulation Desks or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by using My MidCat, before the locker key goes overdue.
- Lockers will be cleared of all contents at the end of every semester
- Lockers will be cleared of contents if key is not returned by the due date
- Seniors may reserve a thesis carrel if currently enrolled in a 500, 600 or 700 level thesis/project.
- Eligible seniors may reserve an available carrel online beginning at 7:00 am on the Monday following the first week of classes of any semester
- How to book a thesis carrel online
- If you want a carrel at Armstrong Library please inquire at the circulation desk in Armstrong
- Midd ID required to pick up key
- Borrowing account must be clear of all overdues
- Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis for seniors not writing a thesis, if carrels are available. Inquire at the Circulation desk.
Thesis Carrels - Davis Family Library
- Map of carrels in the Davis Family Library
- Specific carrels in the Davis Family Library are reserved for ADA use - please contact the circulation desk directly to reserve one of these carrels
Thesis Carrels - Armstrong Library
- Please stop by the Circulation Desk in person to reserve a carrel
- There are 9 thesis carrels available on the lower level of the Armstrong Library
- 16 faculty carrels (in 2 suites) are located in the Davis Family Library
- They may be reserved through the Office of the Dean of Faculty
Library Carrels - Summer
- Study Carrels may be reserved during the Summer semester by currently enrolled Language School, Bread Loaf School of English and academic year students, faculty and staff on a first-come, first-served basis starting the first day of the summer session. A map of the carrels can be found here. Please note that during the summer, carrels 70-227 are reserved as Language Carrel Suites.
- Study Carrel Suites have been set aside for use by specific Language Schools; individual carrels within the Language Suites are available on a first come, first served basis and may not be reserved; the Language Suites are intended for the exclusive use of the language specified. MAP
Lost & Found
- Personal belongings cleared from carrels, lockers, and library public use spaces will be temporarily kept in the Lost & Found at the Circulation Desks
- Valuables will be sent to Public Safety
- Other abandoned belongings will eventually be sent to the Campus Re-use Center
- Library materials will be cleared from accounts and re-shelved.
If you lose your key...
If you lose your carrel or locker key, please alert a Circulation Supervisor. Replacements for keys are $25, and may take from 1-3 weeks. Replacement carrel keys will be reissued to you; there is no guarantee that you will be able to have your locker key reissued. Circ recommends you check out a different locker key while the replacement is created.