Loading Records Using Data Exchange
Downloading MARC records from online site (like Oxford)
Edit/Prepare records via MarcEdit
- Download file from Vendor/publisher website: Usually you have the option to Save or Open with Marcedit. You save a step or two by opening with MarcEdit.
- Using MarcEdit
- MarcEdit output file: click Browse, then name file.
- Click Execute. Saves as MARC text file (using mrk extension). This will allow you to view records and make changes.
- Go to desktop and click icon to open
- Make changes to records, using:
- ►Tools--Add/Edit fields, etc. (e.g., 655 Electronic books)
- ►Edit--Find/replace, etc. (856 ezproxy prefix)
- ►File--Compile file into MARC. Creates /saves on desktop with mrc extension.
Using Millennium Data Exchange
Click Data Exchange icon
Get PC: select desktop; select file. click upload
Accepted suffix: lfts
Highlight file: click Prep
Close. Saves as type lmarc
HIghlight file if not already
Click Load C (load a MARC file slow rate)
Select process: Load records via locally created load profiles