Loading Records Using Data Exchange
Downloading MARC records from online site (like Oxford)
Edit/Prepare records via MarcEdit
- Download file from Vendor/publisher website: Usually you have the option to Save or Open with Marcedit. You save a step or two by opening with MarcEdit.
- Using MarcEdit
- MarcEdit output file: click Browse, then name file.
- Click Execute. Saves as MARC text file (using mrk extension). This will allow you to view records and make changes.
- Go to desktop and click icon to open
- Make changes to records, using:
- ♦Tools--Add/Edit fields, etc. (e.g., 655 Electronic books)
- ♦Edit--Find/replace, etc. (856 ezproxy prefix)
- ♦File--Compile file into MARC. Creates /saves on desktop with mrc extension.
Using Millennium Data Exchange
- On the left menu Millennium Client toolbar, click Data Exchange icon
- Click Get PC icon at top: select desktop; then select file. Click Upload
- For "Accepted suffix", choose: 'lfts'. Click OK
- Back at main results list, highlight file & click Prepicon at top
- Click Start.
- Close. Saves as typelmarc
- Highlight file if not already
- Click Load A (EAM file). You may need to alert Barbara Merz to change the item record template this Load table points to.
- Select Process: Load records via locally created load profiles
- Check records in Millennium.