The release date for macOS Mojave (10.14.x) to the public was September 24, 2018. This page will be updated as new developments arise.
As of January, 2019, most current and commonly-used applications on campus have been tested for compatibility, with mention of a few issues noted below. The Mojave installer is no longer blocked for installation on Middlebury Macs (with the exception of the computing labs). If you encounter any installation issues, or any application compatibility issues, related to macOS Mojave on Middlebury Macs, please contact the Helpdesk with detailed information.
last updated 1/24/2019 -- use http://go/mojave/ to visit again, easily
Current Known Issues & Areas of Concern
- VMWare Horizon: See notes below for how to connect to a virtual machine if you encounter a blank screen. This is a change in behavior and settings needed for VMWare Horizon, but is not "broken".
- Avid Pro Tools 2018: "Pro Tools 2018 is not yet fully compatible with macOS 10.14 Mojave" - please see http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/Pro-Tools-System-Requirements for the latest.
VMware Horizon View Client (Virtual Classroom): Users might need to disable the mac firewall feature to allow for the VMware Horizon View Client to access a virtual computer. If you configure the VMware Horizon View Client on your computer (see https://mediawiki.middlebury.edu/wiki/LIS/Using_the_Virtual_Computer_Labs) and it only displays a black or dark gray window, then you have to:
- First … download the latest & greatest version of vmware and install it. It version 4.10.0
- You may need to shut off your Firewall or at least make an exception for vmware if you want to keep it on. (System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall) See How to Allow Apps to Communicate Through Your Mac’s Firewall
- You will need modify your mac’s privacy settings to allow the VMWare Horizon Client.app to “control your computer”.
- Go to "System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy”
- Unlock the lock at the bottom with your credentials (username & password).
- Once it’s unlocked you should see Vmware Horizon Client.app listed. If it is… check it and relock this window – then test Vmware Horizon Client. It should work.
- If it’s not listed you will have to click the small [+] button and search for the application to add it. For some reason I had to ‘search’ for vmware … it wasn’t listed for me (odd)
- Check its checkbox – relock the lock – test Vmware Horizon Client.
Pulse Secure VPN: Use Self Service on Middlebury Macs to download the latest version, or see http://go.middlebury.edu/vpn for a download link.
Vectorworks: The latest version is compatible.
Hindenburg Journalist: The latest version is compatible.
Active Directory: Some permissions have been encountered in the past, but they seem to have been resolved. They only affected ITS support, not everyday usage.
Gradekeeper: Gradekeeper is not available for Mojave. Canvas is the currently recommended platform for grade keeping.