Difference between revisions of "Mac OSX Troubleshooting"
m (New page: This is just an outline, don't expect a full fledged service manual. == Troubleshooting Mac Applications == Possible troubleshooting routes, in no particular order, and not really depen...)
Revision as of 09:56, 15 October 2009
This is just an outline, don't expect a full fledged service manual.
Troubleshooting Mac Applications
Possible troubleshooting routes, in no particular order, and not really dependent on each other:
- Reboot (duh).
- Quit the troublesome app then reopen it. Quitting an app doesn't mean just closing its window, see Quitting_an_Application_on_a_Mac
- Create a new user account. Try starting the troublesome app in the new account. If it works fine in the new account try the next tip.
- Quit the app, move its preference file to the Desktop, reopen the app.
- Quitting_an_Application_on_a_MacUpdate the app.
- Trash the app, trash its preference file. Reinstall the app.
- Update the OS.
None of this helped? Try troubleshooting the issue as a "system" issue - the problems with the app may stem from a system-wide issue.
Troubleshooting Mac OS X
If you are suspecting/experiencing a system wide issue, always check the hardware first.