Managing Access to Classes Folders and other folders on MiddFiles
People who are the owner distribution lists that control access to MiddFiles server folders (including the Classes folders) and the Course Hub can easily modify permissions for those lists using Outlook Web Access (also called OWA or WebMail). Use the following procedure to add or remove someone from a distribution list that is visible in the Global Address Book:
- Start a browser and log into Webmail at http://go.middlebury.edu/webmail.
- Click the Settings icon (gear) in the upper-right corner.
- Click on Options.
- Click Groups in the left-hand pane.
- In the distribution lists I own section, double-click the group to which you want to add or remove members. The Distribution Group dialog box opens.
- Click the membership link to display current group members (if any).
- Click the + (add) or — (remove) icons to change membership in a group as described below.
- Note: For classes, an instructor can adjust only the membership of the "audits" and "instructors" groups. The "students" group populates automatically with course registration info from the Banner system.
To Remove a Member
- Click to select the desired person from the Members list.
- Click the — (remove) icon.
- Repeat for each person you want to remove from the group.
- Click the Save button when you are finished.
To Add a Member
- Click the + (add) icon. A dialog box opens.
- Type the last name of the person you want to find in the Search field and then click the magnifying glass (Search) icon.
- Select the person you want from the filtered list presented.
- Click Add->.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.