Managing Access to Classes Folders and other folders on MiddFiles
People who are the owner of a distribution list that controls access to MiddFiles server folders (including the Classes folders) can easily modify permissions for that group using Outlook Web Access (also called OWA or WebMail). Use the following procedure to add or remove someone from a distribution list that resides in the Global Address Book:
- Start a browser and log into Webmail at http://go.middlebury.edu/webmail.
- Click the Options button in the upper-right corner of this window.
- Click on See All Options
- Click the Groups option along the left.
- In the Public Groups I Own section double-click the group to which you want to add or remove members. The Group dialog box opens.
- Expand the Membership section by clicking on the downward-facing shevron arrows on the Membership bar.
- Click the Add or Remove buttons to change membership in a group.
To Remove a Member
- Select the person from the Members list.
- Click the Remove button.
- Repeat for each person you want to remove from the list.
- Click the Save button when you are finished.
To Add a Member
- Click the Add button. A dialog box opens.
- Type the last name of the person you want to find in the Search field and then click the magnifying glass (Search) icon.
- Select the person you want from the filtered list presented.
- Click Add->.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
Editing a distribution list with Microsoft Outlook:
This option may not work with all versions of Outlook. Versions 2003, 2007, and 2010 for Windows are all known to work. See the above instructions for tested cross-platform solution.
1. Launch Outlook.
2. Click the Address Book button in the toolbar or choose Tools/Address Book from the menu bar.
3. Start typing the complete list name in the search field.
4. When you see your list, double-click to open it. Current list membership will be shown on the right. Click the "Modify Members" button.
5. Use the "Add" and "Remove" buttons as needed to make desired changes. List members will have the permissions set by our admin staff when the list was initially created (typically "read/write" unless the list name indicates otherwise).
6. Click OK, Apply then OK to save and apply the changes.
7. Close the Address Book