Managing Group Membership and Permissions
People who own distribution groups that control access to MiddFiles server folders (including the Classes and Orgs folders) and the Course Hub can easily modify membership of those groups using the Exchange Admin Center. Membership of shared e-mail accounts may also be changed in this manner.
Use the following instructions to add or remove someone from a distribution group that is visible in the Global Address Book.
Locate & Edit a Group
- Start a browser and log into the Exchange Admin Center at http://go.middlebury.edu/ecp with your Middlebury username and password.
- Click the Search icon (magnifying glass) above the list of groups.
- Enter the part or all of the group name in the search window, then press Enter or Return to view possible matches.
- Click to select the group you would like to edit; ownership information will be displayed at right.
- All groups are visible to you but you may only edit ones for which you are the owner.
- Groups owned by Administrator or Betty White are automatically generated and maintained.
- Double-click the group name to display the group properties in a new window.
- Click the membership link to display current group members (if any).
- Click the + (add) or — (remove) icons to change membership in a group as described below.
- Note: All groups in the Global Address List will appear for you. Please search for and edit those that belong to you. You may check the ownership of other groups, though many are automatically generated and maintained, and have Administrator or Betty White listed under ownership.
- Note: For classes, an instructor can adjust only the membership of the "audits" and "instructors" groups. The "students" group populates automatically with course registration info from the Banner system.
To Remove a Member
- Click to select the desired person from the membership list.
- Click the — (remove) icon.
- Repeat for each person you want to remove from the group.
- Click the Save button when you are finished.
To Add a Member
- Click the + (add) icon. A new dialog box opens.
- Click in the Search People field, then type the last name of the person you want to find. Press the Enter or Return key to perform the search.
- Click to select the person you want from the filtered list presented.
- Click OK.
- Repeat for each person you want to add to the list.
- Click Save.