Microsoft Office 2011 Help Page
Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Open much, much faster. Stable. Very similar to Office 2007/2010 for PC.
- Faster than Entourage - in most cases. Can be slow when opening emails w/ graphics or calendar events. (Note: Noticed this when adding a delegate mailbox).
- Easier to search GAL and faster.
- Significantly less stable than Entourage. Frequent crashes when opening up HTML messages with graphics. If network connection is unstable, Outlook may lock up causing the entire OS to be unresponsive. Seems to have a memory leak.
- Office reminders may crash when delaying reminders.
- Delegate functionality is different. Not as easy as it was in Entourage. Can send via accounts I am delegate for, but have not been able to open the entire mailbox of the account that I am a delegate for.
- No way to see members of GAL distribution lists.
- No way to create or update a GAL distribution list.
- No way to create, update or use a distribution list in an Exchange account.
- Calendar view changed drastically - multiple calendars overlaid on top of main calendar - including public calendars that you are subscribed to. This happens every time you open your calendar - you get ALL of the calendars you are subscribed to overlaid on top of each other.
- Cannot send invites if the calendar entry is in a public calendar.
- The Confidential flag is not displayed or honored. There is no indication in Outlook (Mac) that a messages has been marked Confidential in Outlook (PC) or OWA.