Difference between revisions of "Microsoft Powerpoint Basic Usage"
(Added tag: '')
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
Revision as of 15:04, 8 December 2009
Saving Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 Files in Compatibility Mode
Files created as Office 2007 files cannot be opened or read by the earlier versions of Microsoft Office so prevalent at Middlebury College. Please save all Office 2007 files in an earlier format to facilitate access by your faculty, staff and student colleagues.
Some new features in Office 2007 programs become unavailable (grayed out on the menus) once documents are saved in an earlier version. All the basic features required for normal functionality will still be available.
When you are ready to save your PowerPoint presentation for compatibility, do the following:
- Click on the Office icon () in the upper-left corner of your PowerPoint presentation, point to Save As and then click on PowerPoint 97-2003 Presentation. The Save As dialog box opens.
- In the File name field type a name for your file. The .ppt extension is automatically appended.
- Click . Your document title bar will change to indicate your presentation is in compatibility mode (filename.ppt [Compatibility Mode] – Microsoft PowerPoint where filename is the name you gave to the file).
Set PowerPoint Default to Automatically Save in Compatibility Mode
To guarantee that all your presentations are always saved in Compatibility Mode, do the following:
- Click on the Office icon () and select PowerPoint Options from the drop-down menu. The dialogue box changes.
- Click Save.
- From the Save files in this format drop-down list select PowerPoint Presentation 97-2003.
- Click . Every document you create after this will be in Compatibility Mode unless you deliberately change the file type.