Middlebury Guest Account
You can create a new, full-featured guest account using any e-mail account (except @middlebury.edu or @miis.edu addresses). A full guest is account is required for access to the college resources outlined below.
Just looking for a wireless internet connection and nothing more? You can create a basic guest wireless account that is valid for four days.
What guests will have access to
- The MiddleburyCollege wireless network
- This includes access to most Library e-resources while in the libraries.
- Course Catalog (can create schedules, but not email them)
- CourseHub - Can log in, but cannot see class spaces.
- Commenting on WordPress (sites.middlebury.edu)
- Canvas sites open to anyone with a Middlebury login (placement tests)
What guests can be given access to
You will need to contact a person with a regular Middlebury account and request access.
- Can be made contributors/authors/editors of WordPress sites (sites.middlebury.edu)
- Can be made teacher/students of Canvas sites. (Added directly in Canvas, not via class-groups)
- Can be made editors in MediaWiki (mediawiki.middlebury.edu)
- Can be granted access to course sites using Canvas. (Added directly in Canvas, not via class-groups)
What guest accounts created this way will not have access to
- Editing in Drupal (www.middlebury.edu, www.miis.edu, museum.middlebury.edu)
- Creating GO links
- Creating a WordPress site.
- Course Hub spaces for courses.
- Public computers (though they can get a daily guest password from the Circulation Desk)
- Printing (though they can purchase guest printing cards)
- Uploading to MiddMedia
- Submitting Web Help Desk tickets